Septic Tank Service
Why Is Septic Tank Maintenance So Important?
A septic tank isn’t something you can just ignore. Like every other system in your home, you have to give it a little attention from time to time. Calling for routine septic tank service from Hudson Septic Tank Cleaning is the best way to avoid trouble.
5 Signs You May Need Septic Tank Service
Septic tank problems don’t usually occur out of the blue. There are usually signs that something’s about to go wrong—but you need to know what to watch for. Call us immediately if you notice any of the following happening in your home:
1. Slow draining showers, tubs, and sinks
2. Gurgling sounds in drains and toilets when they aren’t being used
3. Unpleasant smells in your home or around the drainfield
4. Water or dampness around the drainfield
5. Backups of sewage or water into your home
Wet Wipes – A Septic System’s Worst Enemy
In many instances, septic troubles can be avoided entirely. You may be surprised by one of the worst culprits we find: wet wipes. Yes, even wipes that are labeled as flushable can clog a septic system. Don’t ever put these or other unflushable items down the toilet. Want proof? Check out this article from the Greenville News:
Other Helpful Tips for Maintaining Your Septic System
There are a few other important things you can do to keep your septic system working like it should:
- Keep the septic tank lid closed at all times and only let a professional open it.
- Don’t drive or park on top of your septic tank or drainfield.
- Monitor water usage, especially when washing clothes or taking showers.
- Call for septic pumping every two years.